The Best Gear and Beer for Your Next Outdoor Adventure
Fall is here, and this crisp weather has us ready to gear up for some outdoor adventures! Be it by campsite, checking out a new hike route in the North Georgia mountains, or kayaking down the Flint River, now is the perfect time to explore – made even better with beer in hand.
- A rafting trip and photo package for two from High Country Adventures
- Pair of Altra Shoes
- High Country Outfitter Gift Card
- Creature Comforts Adventure Pack
When preparing for your next adventure, ensuring you have quality gear can take your experiences to the next level. We reached out to the experts, our friends at High Country Outfitters, for their must-haves to bring along for nature-filled excursions. Read on for their recommendations for your hiking, camping, and paddle-boarding needs.
- Osprey Daylite Plus (or Daylite): This is the best pack for day hikes, cruising around town, and travel. A go-to, it’s great to use for a work bag or travels for different hikes.
- Goodr Sunglasses: Fun and comfortable sunglasses built for being active. These are no slip, no bounce, and all polarized, with a great price point – awesome for hiking and traveling.
- Altra Lone Peak (Available in Men’s and Women’s sizes): These are a High Country staff-favorite trail shoe. Our staff has worn these on day hikes in Georgia and longer treks like the John-Muir Trail.
- Patagonia Nano-Puff Jacket (Available in Men’s and Women’s sizes): Warm, windproof, water resistant, and super packable, it’s the perfect jacket for hiking, traveling, camping, and Georgia weather!
- Don’t forget Tropicália cans to cheers the epic #Tropmoments at your lookout spots along the way!
- Black Diamond Headlamp: Small and compact, this is a necessity for camping or hiking. With red night vision plus other features for lighting, it will be your most-used item on the campsite.
- Nemo Sleeping Bag (Available in Men’s and Women’s): This favorite sleeping bag has zip vents in case you get too hot, plus it has a blanket feel where you can pull the top of the sleeping bag up to get really cozy.
- Delicious Camp Food: This is an excellent resource the High Country staff loves for fun camp recipes. They recommend trying cinnamon rolls on a stick and breakfast burritos!
- Smartwool Hiking Socks (Available in Men’s and Women’s): A great pair of socks – don’t forget to pack an extra pair to put on after your hike. Your feet will thank you!
- Rain Jacket – Black Diamond Stormline or Patagonia (Available in Men’s and Women’s): Never a bad idea to keep a rain jacket on you. And this one will pack down super small in your camping pack. It’s soft and stretchy and will be your new favorite go-to.
- Bote 11’6” Breeze Aero Inflatable Stand-Up Paddle Board: This is the perfect board if you are tight on space but love the outdoors. It comes with everything you need – board, pump, and paddle PLUS a backpack to carry it all in. An awesome option for paddling on weekends or after work, it’s easy to tote around and great for first-timers.
- Yeti Hopper M20 Backpack Cooler: Great cooler to hold drinks, lunch, and snacks while on the water. Plus, it can carry up to 18 cans of Tropicália and sit comfortably on your paddle board.
- Free Fly Bamboo Flex Hoody: Great for moving and dropping temperatures. UPF 50+ will protect you from the sun while on the water.
If you need some inspiration for your next experience, check out High Country Adventures’ rafting and climbing excursions! And to stock up on fall Creature wear, you can shop our online store or visit our retail store at our Snow Tire taproom. Be sure to share wherever adventure takes you this fall by tagging us @creaturecomfortsbeer.