July 16, 2021
Creature Cooks: Chilaquiles Paired with Tropicália
Creature Days of Summer are in full swing and we’re pairing our beer with some of our favorite summer recipes. To bring the heat, our COO Adam Beauchamp shared the perfect chilaquiles recipe to enjoy with our year-round IPA Tropicália. Check out the full recipe and a tutorial with Adam below!
- 1 ½ pounds of tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup of cilantro
- ½ pound of thick tortilla chips
- ½ cup of queso fresca
How to make chilaquiles:
- To start, broil 1 ½ pounds of tomatillos husked and rinsed along with a couple of jalapenos until blistered.
- Add the blistered tomatillos and jalapenos to a blender when cool enough to handle with 12 cilantro sprigs and blend.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to pan with grapeseed oil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatillo mixture to pan with onions and garlic and boil until mixture thickens.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth and simmer until thickened for about 10 minutes.
- Beat 6 eggs and add to pan with tomatillo mixture over low heat.
- Stir and add 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Once eggs have set add about ½ pound of thick tortilla chips. Stir in chips and allow to saturate.
- Add ½ cup of queso fresco. Top with crema and cilantro if desired.
- Enjoy alongside Tropicália!