Part Time Packaging Specialist 1 – Athens, GA
The Packaging Specialists supports CCBC in helping people navigate the beautiful & complex world of beer by executing at a high level of quality and contributing to a culture of safety as part of the Packaging Team. This role is part-time and will be utilized on days when variety packs are being completed or in the event of a staffing shortage.
ACTIVITIES & OUTCOMES
- Team Collaboration:
- The Packaging Specialist will work in collaboration with the Packaging Team on day-to-day activities, operations, & problem-solving.
- Contributor to Culture:
- Culture of Safety:The Packaging Specialist must be competent in CCBC’s Safety Policies & must advocate a culture of safety by following safety policies and encouraging peers to remain complaint with CCBC safety policies.
- Solutions-Oriented Positivity:Maintains & promotes a positive outlook for the rest of the Packaging Team.
- Culture of Self-Development & Leadership:The Packaging Specialist participates in and completes leadership development training assigned to the Packaging Team. They must build and maintain proficiencies in using the CCBC’s leadership program tools, concepts, & vocabulary.
- Skills & Competency Development:
- Learn, understand, and maintain quality packaging initiatives.
- Learn and maintain competency in safety policies, procedures, & regulations.
- Explore, connect, & learn about the Craft Beer Industry.
- Attend and learn about quality in craft beer through sensory class.
- Obtain forklift certification with support from CCBC.
- Develop technical aptitude on CCBC equipment.
- Perform with Excellence:
- The Packaging Specialist must perform at a level of excellence with a focus on quality & efficiency.
- The Packaging Specialist must maintain finished goods & store finished goods neatly & safely in the cooler.
- The Packaging Specialist must establish and maintain a basic understanding of timely communication tools such as e-mail.
- Time & Task Management:
- The Packaging Specialist must remain flexible during production changes, whether the changes are foreseen or made with short notice.
- The Packaging Specialist must report to their shift on time and follow company clock-punch policies & procedures.
- Technical Aptitude- basic ability to learn quickly on specialized equipment & technical processes.
- Solutions-Oriented Positivity- maintains & promotes a positive outlook while seeking out the best solutions.
- Teamwork – Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Resilient & Adaptable:The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Active listening:The ability to diagnose what’s being said without speaking. Providing feedback and truly understanding what is being discussed.